Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Another Snow Storm Come and Gone

 Yesterday was another nice day until 6 pm when it started to snow. The high got to 0.6C yesterday. This morning it is white and -7C. We are to have a bit of everything today; flurries, sun, clouds, and wind. The high is to get to -5C with a windchill of -13C.

Lifestyle

I did some housework and yoga yesterday morning. I was stiff and a bit sore due to the storm coming in. I pushed through to get what needed to be done completed. Daughter-in-law brought me flowers for valentines and they are beautiful. I have them on the server in the dining room so I can enjoy them from several places in the house. 

I had massage therapy at 11 am. The therapist worked on both hips, back and then the right knee and thigh area. She hit one sore spot and got it worked out. She was able to work at medium tissue level which is an improvement from last time. I did feel better when done. My next appointment is 4 days before osteopathy to see if it helps with that treatment. 

They say you don't recover from a massage but I find that I do. In actual fact I felt better over the next few hours though I did feel tired. Getting the muscles worked over is tiring for me. But, I could move with less pain which was wonderful. 

I went and got dinner and had a few extra carbs in preparation for shovelling snow today. I also bought food with extra carbs to eat after I shovel snow. I am hoping that I can ward off low glucose levels as I really should only have to shovel snow once today. 

Sewing

I threaded the pleater and tried to pleat the chemise. I bent a needle. Tried again and again and kept bending one needle each time. I finally took the chemise apart and am trying to pleat it without seams and then sew the seams up prior to smocking the top. 

It is a longer process but I am hoping it will work. The next step is to unthread the pleater, pick back the threads 1/2" on the front, start pleating the sleeve, rethread the machine once I have the 1/2" seam allowance off the needles. I will be two or three days doing this as it tries my patience. 

I worked on the quilt also. I have the row I am going to quilt all stitched in place. I am now ready to quilt each block. Easier to do than the pleating. 

I played with the junk journal for a few minutes. I still need to trace around the snowflake on one page. I did play with the layout of the next page. It is coming along in my head. 

I will cut the background paper to size, then cut out the bottom border and glue it on. Then I can decide if I want to do any stencilling of snowflakes before I glue the belly band down and add the envelope. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and got 21 rounds knit on sock #2. 

I am pleased with my progress. 

Thoughts

    I don't know why but I stressed out and had an IBS attack prior to going for my massage. I am not as comfortable with the massage therapist as I am with the physiotherapist. I am hoping that it will come as the massage does help in the big picture of things. I notice that the tight muscles and tendons are more relaxed which is good. 

    Though we didn't have the storm warning like Halifax did, we were on the edge of the heaviest part of the storm. I know we got more than 1.5" of snow recorded at Kentville but not the 12" of snow that Halifax got. I would think we got 6" or a bit more. I am grateful that the storm only last less than 12 hours this time. 

    The snow plow went through at 11:30 pm and they must have done more during the night. The roads seem to be wet so I am certain they salted them. I have a good size snow berm at the end of the driveway to get rid of this morning. I am not the only one that has this. The back deck has snow drifted on it and it needs to be shovelled so I can open the back door in case of an emergency. 

Today

If I have to shovel snow, I will not be doing much more. If I get help (snow blowing or the neighbour's boys) I will only have the deck to shovel off. I would like to do a bit of pleating on the chemise and quilting on the quilt but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I do hope to knit tonight. 

7 am -- I have one boy shovelling snow and if I have one, I will have 2. They are doing their "good neighbour" job for me. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment