Thursday, March 02, 2023

Progress In All Areas of Life

 Yesterday was cloudy but not dull. The high got to -0.7C. It snowed in the morning and then we had a bit more in the late afternoon. Just over 1.5" fell. This morning it is -8C and somewhat cloudy. We are suppose to have a high of 2C and, starting this afternoon, we are to have a lot of snow fall. They say 40 cm for us. 

Lifestyle

After cleaning the bathroom, I headed outside to get the garbage ready to take out later on. I then started to shovel the driveway. It took me 20 minutes which is good for me. I did rest off and on while shovelling, more from being puffed out than sore. I salted the driveway and by after lunch, it had no snow or ice on it. Just a bit on it this morning. 

I rested after shovelling as I was tired. I had a bit of soreness set in later on and I did some stretching exercises to help. I did some stretching exercise in bed and heard the noise once again in my hip area and then no pain. Not sure what that is but it does help to do that stretch every couple of nights. 

Shovelling snow is certainly helping me tone up and loose weight. It is also keeping my mood in the positive range. I enjoy it even if it's hard work. I love the fresh air even if it's cold. I come inside when the job is done feeling 100% better. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room. I worked on the mint panties and have the elastic on the legs. About half done when I stopped to work on the bag. 

I cut out the top part of the bag, interfaced it, and sewed it on. The same for the bottom part of the bag. The goal was to sew with a scant 1/2" seam so it was 1/2" when done. I was excited to accomplish that. The handles were sewn together and I called it a day. I had been sewing for almost 3 hours. 

I folded under some of the bottom fabric to get an idea of how the bag will look. 

My next step is to apply the deco bond interfacing. This will take a while as it is hard to get it to fuse. It could be the fact I need a new iron. Mine is almost 5 years old and I'm sure it needs replacing considering the amount it's used. I press a lot when sewing as I like things to look professional. I do go through irons faster than most people. 

Daughter and I talked about the next bag and left over blue fabric should go with it. Bonus, I have everything on hand to make it. 

Knitting

The sleeve stitches were picked up and knit. I have the 2nd one ready to knit tonight. 

I will be sad to have this done. It has been such a nice knit and only 1 mistake for the designer to fix. I really have no idea what I will knit next. 

Today

I am heading out shortly to take grandson to school. I have to shovel the deck as it hasn't been done. I'm deciding if I will go shopping or do housework. I will sew this afternoon and shovel snow if I have to. I hope to finish the sweater tonight. It's a mixed up day with the storm coming in. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment