Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A Day Out

Yesterday the sun tried to shine from behind the clouds and it was lovely to have. The clouds did get thicker and by 4 pm it was snowing hard. The high got to 3.6C. This morning, the snow is almost gone and it is 2C. The high today is to get to 6C and we are to have rain, wind, and lastly snow. 

Lifestyle

I took grandson to get his hair cut and after taking him home I decided to head to the city to shop. I had a good time and went to 4 stores in total. The main reason for going was to mail a parcel to daughter which I did first. 

I returned an item to one store and got some things I needed for the house. I wandered a bit looking at and for items. I wanted to get S shaped shower curtain hooks and curtain clips with a ring attached. I found both. 

I got 6 more spice bottles for the kitchen. I think one more purchase and I will have enough. I also got windshield wipers for the car. I have to get help putting them on. 

I had lunch which is the first time I've bought something other than a sandwich from the grocery store. It was an egg, bacon, cheese muffin which was delicious and fit my lunch points. I've lost weight with the last IBS session and want to keep it off so am being very careful. 

I had a short nap in the afternoon as I was tired. Not exhausted but tired from being on the go while shopping. I walked correctly with little pain and it felt good to be active.

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday but was in the sewing room. I hung the shower curtain hooks on the top of the stash shelving unit and clipped the curtain hooks onto the fabric I use to cover the stash. The rings hung on the shower hooks and my fabric is now covered neatly. I have wanted to do something like this for years. 

I was to the craft store and bought a few items. I got myself a Cricut press and mat for my birthday. I also got lime green vinyl (forgot the white), two pieces of craft paper and some pens for the Cricut. 

I will be using one of the colours to print on tags for daughter. I am thinking the middle one as it will look nice on the paper the pens are on. 

I found a little wooden shadow box done in wood. I plan on painting/staining it, adding some paper to the back and hang something down from the top to add to my Christmas decor. I may get a 2nd one to gift to someone. 

Knitting

I finished the first hat with only a yard of yarn to spare. It is really cute and a gift has been made. 

The yarn is actually darker than shown. I will start the next one for myself. It will be the same size, shorter and not hole on the top. 

Thoughts

    The probiotic I bought is working and I am feeling about 80% better than I was. I am still eating carefully as I don't want another flareup. I will slowly add more foods once I'm happy that I'm healed. 

    I have binged watched more videos on crafting. I found some that were on gingerbread people and I have to be careful that I don't rush out and buy items that I may not use. Cardinals are my first love for Christmas and gingerbread people come in at a close second. I could do gingerbread items for sale I am so envious at what they can buy that is harder to get here in Canada. 

    I have decided to set up the Cricut and use it. If I wait to get a table and trolley, I won't get to use it for a couple of more months. My goal is to start with paper and then move onto the vinyl. I can work using what I have right now. 

Today

I am going to clean the bathroom, do some laundry, and sew. I am also going to set up the Cricut and start learning how to use it. Tonight I will start the next hat. A stay at home day for me.

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment