Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Embroidery Project Nearing Completion

Yesterday alternated between sunny and cloudy with a high of 22C. It cooled off to 19C last night and  at 4 a.m. I woke to it raining. We are suppose to have showers today. Everything will be happy to get the moisture once again. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning doing laundry and some tidying up. I did get most of the floors swept. I have the stairs left to do. It is time to do a big amount of housework.
After supper, I went out and did a tiny bit of adjusting to the brick around the shed. I need a bit of time out there to think about the finishing touches for next year. 

Sewing

I got some quality time in the sewing room yesterday. It was nice to have the time in there. 
I worked on the make-up bag and had to redo the binding as it was on the wrong side and then take out the hand stitching as it showed up on the right side. I have about 1/4 or less of the binding left to hand sew down. 
Though I love the fabric for the piping, it is not printed on grain and is not straight for the lining. It will do though I know it will not get full points at the fair. Lesson learned. I do hope to finish it today and then start preparing for the next item -- a mug rug using lobster fabric. 
I've been looking at the Couture Sewing Academy course also. I'm looking forward to working on it. I am going to work on historical items (1850-1890) and use some couture techniques on them. I'm not going to turn on my serger while doing this. It is a challenge. 
My first project will be drawers/pantalettes. I am starting with McCalls 7227 (out of production but can be bought on Etsy). 
I'm doing the first pair in broadcloth with no lace and will buy cotton or cotton linen for the good pair. The seams will french seams and all hems will have 1/4" turn under before the the hems are sewn down. 
I'm really looking forward to working on these and will use two more patterns that are more complicated when I have mastered the alterations I need to make for these. 

Knitting

As I knit (quite successfully) on the hat last night, I binged on When Calls the Heart on Netflix. A break from watching Time Team while knitting. The hat is about half done. 

Today

We have some tentative plans but they may or may not happen. It is a day that will unfold in its own way.
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment