Saturday, September 14, 2019

Accountability for September

I am putting this on the blog to remind myself of what I need to do for the 16 days before October 1. Let's see if a list will help me as much as it did making items for the fair.
I'm keen on getting some things done before I start making bags again. With the table clean and the fabric shelves full, it is time to start making a dent in the stash. I told daughter that I need to sew more stash and buy less fabric. 

  • Make straps for son's winter pool cover. (Done yesterday)
  • Though tiny, this little project is important. I want to make a tutorial on how to fit a doll's bodice to non American Girl dolls. My model will be Kate who is a My Life As A......doll. Broadcloth and contrasting thread ready for the project.
  • Hem and put the buttons onto the western shirt that I almost finished at the end of March. It will be donated to the barrel racers at the end of the month to do as they want with it. I have the thread and buttons for this project.
  • Trace out, add 1/4" to all seams of pantalettes pattern for the doll. The goal is to sew them using french seams. This is the start for next year's dressed doll outfit. For this, I will have to buy some nice fabric for the final result. I'm doing a muslin at the moment. I have the thread and broadcloth to do the muslin. 
  • The lobster fabric is shoved on the shelf ready to sew. I will start with the 8 napkins as they take the most work. A lot of hemming which I am anal about. Then the bags and all can be stored for future reference. Fabric is ready and thread has been purchased.
The first project is the bodice fitting tutorial. I hope to have it posted by Monday; Tuesday at the latest.
I'm ready to be accountable for the large stash I have accumulated becoming a smaller stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment