Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Progress On My Hip and Knee

 Yesterday there was sun, clouds, rain, and snow. The high got to 4.1C. This morning it is snowing and -4C. We are to have the snow stop this morning and then be nicer with a high of -1C. 

Lifestyle

I got the car loaded and was off to osteopathy. I had a great session as I was relaxed and she was able to work on the area near the hip joint. I had no pain or stiffness when the session was done. My right hip is no longer turned forward which is great news. I have one hip higher than the other which is what will be worked on to get them level. 

I went in to Sackville to shop. My first stop was the Dollar Store and I wandered around looking for items. It wasn't until I found the Christmas craft section that I scored items for the one junk journal I am going to make. I found a Christmas table cloth (plastic) large enough to cut in half to put on the Cricut and coffee tables. In all I got a good haul and it will last me for a while. 

I posted the last box to daughter for this year. I got some lunch and headed home. The drive home was interesting as the road was wet then dry. There was rain, ice pellets, and snow. When home, it was cloudy with no moisture. The snow came in the evening. 

I sat a lot in the afternoon with heat on the hip joint. It started to hurt from the session. I was tired which didn't help. My energy level hit low and stayed there. I did take Tylenol to help the pain and slept well. 

Sewing

None done as I had no energy. 

Knitting

I looked at the sock pattern and you couldn't see it. I unknit 14 rows of pattern and started to knit doing just the ribbing. It looks so much better. And it feels soft and squishy which the pattern version didn't.

I will continue with the ribbing on these socks. 

Thoughts

    I am making progress with my knee and hip. It is slowly getting to where it is suppose to be. Maybe 6 more months of treatment will have it the best it can be. I still need to continue doing yoga, walk as much as I can, and apply heat. At the moment, we are slowing down the need for replacements. That is good. 

    Other than trying to get the new version of a book, I have almost enough materials to make the first junk journal. I am waiting for the original version to arrive though it was shipped a few days ago. I hope to make a few items for it as I have time. 

    It is almost time to bring up the Christmas tub and start decorating the upstairs. That means some tidying up as I decorate. I hope to do it over two or three days. 

Today

My list is made and I have lots to do this morning. This afternoon I want to start making a gift bag and I will knit tonight. I may even start cross stitching a little tree while dinner cooks. I do have to get recycling out later this afternoon. I will knit tonight. It is a stay at home day for me.

Until the next time....................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment