Sunday, November 05, 2023

Fabric Fast Broken

 Yesterday was more cloudy than sunny with a high of 15.1C. This morning it is cloudy and 7C. It is suppose to be mainly cloudy and 11C today. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning and increased the number of reps from 5 to 6. I had a few cracks as my body realigned itself. 

I did not walk yesterday as I did 1.5 km while shopping in New Minas. It was suppose to be a rest day. I was sore from walking the Forum on Friday. Early this morning I finally got a few cracks while I was stretching. It helped the soreness a lot. 

Sewing

I did buy the batting and backing for the cardinal quilts. I had to buy thread also. I did get lovely comments on the quilt blocks I took up. One lady was so excited I use my embroidery machine for more than a small block about the quilt to be sewn on the back. 

On the way home, I stopped at the other quilt shop and got a piece of fabric for daughter. I will make piping for it and ship it to her in the last Christmas box. 

I also bought fabrics to make two or three gift bags. I need to make bigger ones for some items I have bought. 

I spent time getting ready to cut out the shirt pattern. I measured my self, looked at the pattern and stood for a minute thinking. The pattern is size XL and XXL and the XL would fit me until I read the finished bust size. A full 10" of ease which I did not want. I looked at the other 2 patterns I have and chose this one. 

I traced it out so I can start sewing it over the next few days. I will be making the long sleeve version. 

I laundered the fabric (and the quilt backing) to make another shirt later on. It will be this pattern.

I am going to make View D (top left) in a light blue chambray. I want to wear it with leggings. 

Knitting

I did pick up the vest and knit 5 pattern repeats. The second front is half done. Not hard when you have the decreases already worked out. 

I also wound the skein of yarn and am getting excited to start knitting socks. 

I may start them when the front is done and alternate knitting socks and vest. 

Today

A busy day for me as I need to grocery shop, clean the egg of the garage door, and start covering the garlic and rosebush. I need to pack box #3 so I can ship it on Tuesday. I don't know if I will do any sewing but do hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment