Monday, April 20, 2020

Too Much

Yesterday was sunny, windy and warm. The high got too 10C. This morning it is cloudy and 3C. The high is to get to 11C and the sun is going to shine they say. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning the Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle and I sat down to it for 10 minutes and put all the pieces he had put together into their right place. My lucky day. 
That part of the puzzle has been hard to do and he did an amazing job getting sections of it together. 
Yesterday afternoon was out for a drive. We headed into Kings County to a small community named Canning. We drove down to the Minas Basin before heading home. On the way, we took the old highway which takes us through small communities. When we drove through we saw forget me nots, crocuses, and daffodils. Even the trees are starting to show signs of waking up. We even saw daffodils at the road we turn up to come home. 
We watched the news a lot yesterday afternoon. On the Covid-19 scene, we heard that the number of positive cases was 26 (down) and deaths up (9 total now). One of the long term facilities has asked for help which they are getting. Lifting restrictions is not in the near future for the province. 
There was also a rampant shooter on the loose. It ended at noon and there were 17 victims including and RCMP officer, a teacher, and the shooter. What a shock for the province. It is going to be a difficult time for the next while. I know it shook us to the core. Having the rampage end 45 km from us is scary. 
Elliott has taken to his scratching post house. He was in it for the third time last night. 

Sewing

I hit the sewing room in good time and got 6 more masks done. I had only got 4 done the day before. 
Who really cares as they are done. I put 19 into a bag and delivered them to daughter-in-law for her workplace. I also got 6 more ready to sew the ties onto. 
I have 10 more masks to make and I'm done. 

Knitting

I got the first sleeve knit on the red sweater. I sewed up the under arm sleeve and am ready to cast on the 2nd sleeve. I would love it to be finished on Wednesday. 

Today

More masks will be made along with knitting on the sweater. It will be a quiet day in our house. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment