Saturday, April 04, 2020

How Are We Doing? Surviving The Storm

Today has shown it's colors (white to be exact). With the wind blowing, we looked out to see a snow flurry. It has since stopped. Not the wind though. It will be warm (7C they say) and windy. 

Lifestyle

We had a slow start yesterday with no housework being done. The cause is staying at home with little social interactions. We will survive this. It is important that we stay at home at this time. 
I have been doing a bit of thinking how the virus is hitting our little province. We had 20 new cases yesterday putting us over 200. But the graph tells us more than what you see at first glance. 

The total number of cases is going up (blue) but if you look at the black, we are not having a spike in daily cases. It has remained almost the same for the past 4 days. That could be delay in lab results. It could mean the majority of people are following the rules. And it could mean we haven't seen the spike. With the premier staying "Stay the blazes home" and "the virus will find you" to those who are not following the order set by the province, there is hope the spike won't be as big as it could be if we all were out and about. 

Sewing

I worked on the Mac version of the Chatty Chicken yesterday morning. I hit the wall with it the outline. I can get the body outlined but it is crazy. No rhyme nor reason as to how it will stitch out. The same when I got the tail. I did a lot of swearing when I hit the eye. It would not work at all. At noon I quit and may not get it finished on the Mac. 
In the afternoon, I saved the PC version as an embroidery design, opened it as an embroidery file and eliminated the background (chicken outline). It is ready to stitch out shortly.
I turned my attention to the doll's coat pattern I am testing. I laid out the lining and got the strip cut for piping. I decided on piping vs bias binding. More interesting. 
The yoke is on the coat with the piping added. I do love how it looks. 
On a Facebook page a lovely lady posted this link to a book of crocheted edgings. I'm going to look into making pattern 314 if I have the proper thread and hook. If I don't, it will become a pattern to try when we can shop again. 
The same lady posted this link and I stopped short. I remember this book being in our house as my mom made the pansy doily and we made the Christmas ornaments. 

Knitting

I'm still working on the sweater and am feeling a bit frustrated. There is one marker in place that may not be needed. We wait and see over the next few rows. 
The next pattern has arrived and I really want to cast it on but I'm being patient. I'm using the needles for the other sweater right now. 

Today

 I must do housework, sew, and knit. It is too cold to be outside and I need to keep busy inside. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment