Tuesday, April 07, 2020

More Cleaning, Sewing, and Knitting

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. The high got too 11C. This morning it was -1C, the skies were pretty clear and it looks like another nice day. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I spent a long time cleaning the windows in the living area. There is black behind the locks and I worry it is mold. I attacked it a while ago but yesterday I scrubbed, cleaned, and sprayed with a bleach solution. The curtains were taken down, shook in the wind, rods wiped clean, and trim given a good wiping. The windows were washed on the inside and I did open the bottom part and washed the outsides. The tops need me to be outside to clean them. That job took 2 hours. I can now move forward and clean the rest of the room. 
The Spousal Unit was outside in the sunshine and removed the burlap from the rose bushes. He was happy to putter outside. With the nice weather, I did open the back door and aired the house. We are running the heat pump for a couple of hours in the morning and then it's off the rest of the day. 
We spent almost an hour in the afternoon putting the edging together on the new puzzle. It was a case of put together, take apart, try again. We are short about 5 pieces to having it done. 
The briefing yesterday states we are now into community spread with 31 new cases reported. It was reported we could see the spike in cases at the end of April. They are processing over 1000 swabs a day now and the message is the same. 

Sewing

With the chief medical officer stating that wearing home sewn masks is a good thing, I cut out daughter-in-law's 4th mask. It's the cat fabric again with a different scrap of fabric for the lining. 
I also worked on the doll's coat. The hems (sleeves and bottom) are finished with an overcast stitch and the side seams are sewn up. I have to machine hem this fabric as it is hard to hand sew. 
The lining is now cut out and ready to sew. 

Knitting

The first sleeve is done on the one sweater. The second sweater was cast on and about 15 rows knit. I will continue to knit on both daily. 

Today

More cleaning in the living area. Everything needs a good wiping, the furniture needs vacuuming, railing needs wiped with bleach, and the floors scrubbed. I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow. I want to sew and knit this afternoon. A walk in the yard would be nice also.
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment