Yesterday was sunny and warm with a high of 26C. This morning it is clear and 11C. Today is supposed to be sunny and hot with a high of 29C (humidex 32C).
Lifestyle
I was out to make sandwiches yesterday morning. I did made the cucumber sandwiches and did the cookie trays. I didn't do a lot as there were too many people there.
Once home, I had something to drink, got the bag and headed out to New Minas. My first stop was the quilt shop where I took in the bag. They hid it in a brown paper bag so no one would see it. It is labeled and hid in the storage room until the end of the month. They have had a good response to this little contest which is good.
My next stop was Walmart to get a few things and then on to Canadian Tire to buy a plate to replace the one that is chipped. I was home by noon.
I was out mid afternoon to family's and son and I sat outside visiting. While visiting we both got news that a small community called Clinton was evacuated due to wildfires. Clinton is about 50 km (30 miles) north of Ashcroft where we use to live and where daughter still lives. Her boss lives there and hauled out his horses to where daughter keeps hers and then went back to get other things. She said he lost his house. I did see a video of the fire just outside of Clinton. It is scary but the people did have a meeting to help them prepare and leave while on an evacuation alert. As far as they know, this fire and 2 others in the area were caused by lightening. They have had a lot of lightening lately.
Dinner last night was homemade pizza. Son and daughter-in-law are still figuring out things and they have nearly got it right. They have a propane fired pizza oven that friends gave them 3 years ago.
We do one pizza at a time and let the oven heat to 800F. Heat is turned off when the pizza goes in and it cooks until the temperature drops to 600F. Then fire on low and the pizza is turned to finish it. We each make our own. Mine was ham and pineapple and I have to say it was delicious. I have to say they are on the road to having perfect pizza.Sewing
I did not sew yesterday but did put the quilt binding out on the table to sew.
I did look at fabric at the quilt shop and they brought in a line that I quite like. One piece in particular. I will be buying at least one piece, maybe 2 and doing a challenge on what to make out of it. This piece is so soft in colour whereas the rest are more royal blue.
The quilt shop has a new contest for the fall. It is a table runner which can be pieced, appliquéd, or embroidered. The theme is fall or Halloween. I will look at the fabrics and see what I can make and donate to the auction. I will have to find one embroidery file figure out what to do for a design. I would love to do it on linen but I think the fabric has to be bought at the store. I do like the idea of the store having small item contests several times a year rather than something big once a year. It is a good strategy to pull in people to the store.
Knitting
I did knit 4 rows last night on the afghan. The ball of yarn is going down quickly and soon I will be getting out a new ball to knit.
Thoughts
Yesterday was not humid at all. We sat outside until 7:30 pm and you could feel the coolness coming in. It was nice to sit outside rather than be inside all day because of the heat and humidity.
Carolyn, I am happy to hear your family went to Anne of Green Gables. The site has grown commercially over the years. I went in the 1990's when it was just the house and a gift shop. I loved the house. I was and still am a great fan of Anne of Green Gables.
I looked at my jalapeño pepper plants and they are loaded with small peppers. Son will get his fix of them this fall. They have taken off lately which is great as I thought they never bloom due to the colder weather we had earlier.
Today
I am off to the city to shop with daughter-in-law. We want to get home early. This afternoon I will sew the binding pieces together with hopes of getting it on the quilt. Tonight I will knit on the afghan. I do have to water the plants as it is going to be quite warm today.
Until the next time...........................................................



No comments:
Post a Comment