Yesterday was sunny and quite warm. The high got to 27C (humidex 29C). This morning it is clear and 10C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 27C (humidex 30C).
Lifestyle
Yesterday morning we were gone by just after 8 am to shop. We arrived at Costco at just before 9 am and were out the door ready to leave the parking lot at 9:20 am. It was a fast trip through the store as we didn't have much to buy -- 21 loaves of bread for sandwiches was the big purchase.
From Costco we were heading to Walmart in another area. We stopped at Princess Auto. This is similar to Harbour Freight Tools. We went looking for something that was out of stock and came out with screwdrivers. They weren't on the list but I got a screwdriver that has the bits in the handle. A happy lady.
We headed to Walmart which was a 10 minute drive. We did our shopping there and I got 4 bottles of sparkling water. We were home before 11:30 am. We were happy as we beat the heat.
I did do 2 loads of laundry after I got home which needs to be folded this morning. I also fooled around with Rosie but will give her a good cleaning and redo her map. She did about 10 minutes of cleaning and then went to her dock. The next time she did a bit more before going back to the dock.
Sewing
I made the binding for the quilt and got it sewn on. It was a wrestling match getting it on but I won. I did put up the extension table on the sewing cabinet which helped a lot. Once sewn on, I sat down in the family room and hand sewed about 1/4 of the binding down.
The backing on this quilt is flannel and very easy to hand stitch the binding to. I did enjoy sitting and hand stitching the binding. Another picture, which both are horrid, as the quilt was not cooperating with me. I am hoping to have this quilt finished by Tuesday afternoon.The bag I made was for the contest. I have an idea forming to take part in the table runner contest. I found a pattern I like and will be looking at fabrics for it.
Knitting
I did knit 8 more rows on the afghan last night. A few more nights of knitting and I will have finished ball #5. It is growing and getting heavy.
Thoughts
Daughter let me know her boss did not loose his house to the wildfire as he had thought. It was saved as was most of the town of Clinton. The fire has moved south and it put more people on either an evacuation alert or order. The hot and windy weather is allowing this fire to burn out of control and making it hard for the fighters to work on.
I was sore yesterday. I really did hurt a lot. I did the stretching exercise and it helped some. I also did another one on the bed and it helped a lot too. My SI joint is tight as I still have a bit of pain but not like it was. I have physio on Wednesday and she will fix the SI joint.
Today
I have to do the balance sheet first thing and then fold laundry. I have to do another load of laundry. Rosie needs her spa day and I have to make dinner tonight. I do want to sew more binding down on the quilt and knit tonight.
Until the next time..........................................................




No comments:
Post a Comment