Monday, July 01, 2024

A Lot Of Purging Done

 Yesterday started out wet and ended up warm and humid. About an inch of rain fell and the high got to 23.5C (humidex 32C). This morning it is dull, cloudy, and 17C. It rained earlier this morning. Today is to be cloudy with showers with a high of 21C (humidex 26C).

Lifestyle

It was out the door between downpours to tend to family's dehumidifier. The tank was full and the humidity was 60%. I am winning!! When I went over later, the tank was half full which is great. 

Yesterday's chores started off with a cleaning of the kitchen and the bathroom. It was nice to have those areas clean and sanitized. The appliances were even wiped and shined. I didn't do the floors as they are clean. 

It was down stairs next. I didn't take pictures as I needed to focus on purging the craft supplies. What a job it was. I got out all the tubs and went through everything. I tossed, organized, cleaned, and wrote a list of what I need to make. All the likes are together, a bag of trash was acquired, and some items went into the donate box. Everything was put away onto the shelf and cart. I didn't finish but everything I did is organized. What is left can be done in quick time. I could feel my creativity coming back as the craft space got cleaned and organized. But, it isn't done yet. I still have to clean the family room and set up a craft table to work at. Using the coffee table is not ideal. 

I stepped outside last night and it was so warm and humid I came back inside quickly. Not my favourite weather. I haven't sat on my deck this year. It has been too hot, too wet, and too windy to enjoy it. I will enjoy it in the fall if we don't have to put it all away due to a hurricane. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday afternoon. I got the shoes ready for the sole to be put on today. I also put little flowers I found in one of the craft boxes on the shoes. I will attach them at the end. 

My next job was to work on the dress. I prepped the back and did the gathering rows. Next was serging seams. Shoulders were sewn together and the neckline was attached. It isn't perfect as I learned a few things along the way. 

I should have put the gathers closer to the center front. The instructions were a bit vague and I know the next time I will measure it differently. The designer has you gather the areas so they measure a certain distance. It would be just as easy to measure the neck band, pin, and the gather the areas tight. Live and learn. 

I haven't done the top stitching on the hat yet but I will. I am still thinking about the flowers on the top of the hat but may omit them. 

I looked around the sewing room again and will be tackling it once the family room and bathroom are cleaned. There is still more purging to be done. One tub is the laces I use for doll clothes. I rifle through them and don't use a lot of them. It will be sorted one afternoon while I watch TV. In my defence, I bought lace when I saw it as it is hard to find here in Nova Scotia. Even the 2 big fabric stores don't have a good selection. But, some of the lace is not suitable for dolls but great for someone to use in crafting. 

Knitting

The foot on the sock is done. I knit 48 rows last night. I think that is a record for me. 

Stitches have been moved back into place and I'm ready to start the toe. It should be done tonight if all goes well. If not tomorrow night. 

Thoughts

    Though I still didn't feel 100% positive yesterday, I did feel better mentally. I know the mess in the basement has been one thing that has had me stressed and feeling negative. As I worked at cleaning it up, I did feel better -- calmness started to return. What I am realizing is that I don't need to have a lot of items around me and I need to buy only the items to do a project. Excess makes me feel stressed. I need to keep reminding myself of that. 

    Daughter was telling me that they had a lot of thunder and lightening yesterday afternoon. No rain in their community in BC. It hit east of them and another community had so much rain there was flooding and mudslides. Videos and pictures show how bad it was. I also saw from pictures in a community north of where daughter lives had down pours also but it didn't seem to be as much. I guess I will see more on Facebook today. It brought back memories of the terrible storm we had last July. 

Today

This morning, I have to do the balance sheet, take out recycling and garbage, and continue cleaning the family room. I will continue working on the dress this afternoon and knit tonight. As it is Canada Day, most businesses are closed. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment