Thursday, September 21, 2023

Keeping Busy

 Yesterday was cool with a high of 17.4C. This morning it is clear and 12C. We are to have sun, clouds, and showers with a high of 18C. 

Lifestyle

I did a load of laundry and some housework yesterday. It was nice to have the house starting to look cleaner. I washed one of the placemats that had coffee stains on it and, by using Dawn soap, I got the stains out. Late in the afternoon, I hauled out recycling and compost for pick up today. 

I was over to see my neighbour yesterday afternoon to wish her a happy birthday on her birthday. I had a tiny piece of carrot cake and it was just enough. My glucose reading for dinner was 4.6 so the cake didn't affect my reading. 

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room and sew two seams on the cuffs of the doll's jean jacket. They are now pinned onto the sleeves ready to sew. Once done, I left as I was going out to my friend's. 

Knitting

I did get a picture of the doll's outfit. The coat has no buttons on it as I need to look in the stash for them. 


This outfit will go to the little girl I have been knitting and sewing for. I have the coat and dress already. 

I cast on the stitches for my vest and have the ribbing done on the front (22 rows). I am happy to be knitting on it now. 

Thoughts

    It was one year ago today that the Spousal Unit passed away. I have been in a funk the past few days as I am missing him a lot. I will be fine but it's hard when you have lost the person you loved. 

    The garden needs to be harvested and I may get at it tomorrow. I see a pepper is turning orange. The tomatoes are looking ragged so I will pick what I can and put the rest into the compost bin. Ditto for all the peppers. Only the leeks will stay outside for a few more days. Then it will be fertilizer and planting garlic. 

    My hip and knee are improving. The soreness is still in my back and down my groin. My right foot is sore which means something is happening. Next week I get an update and treatment. 

Today

Elliott goes into the vet at 9 a.m. Once he's home, daughter-in-law and I are going to the city. She needs to look at pavers for the yard and we are going to Ikea. We have to be home to watch grandson play soccer at school and dinner will be take-out. I won't be sewing today and I may not knit either. It is a day to be busy away from home. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment