Saturday, September 30, 2023

Taking Time To Think

 Though yesterday started out foggy, it turned out to be a nice day with plenty of sunshine. The high got to 20.3C. This morning it is foggy and 10C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 21C. Beautiful fall weather. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to New Minas on my own yesterday morning. I needed time to think about my health. In Coldbrook I got garlic and 4 Honeycrisp apples. I will be going back to get more garlic as I want to plant 3 cloves of elephant garlic to see how big it gets. 

In New Minas, I went to get items I needed at the stationary store. I have one item to return as I got the wrong thing. I will be going up there again this coming week so no problem. I also did the big box store for groceries and cleaning supplies. My last stop was the quilt shop. 

I was over to see family in the late afternoon and we talked about my sore body. I am going to focus on getting things back to normal and not focus on if I have to have surgery. If it happens, it happens but I won't worry about it. It was good to talk about it as I was concerned about my after care while I recovered. 

I did well with my mobility yesterday. I had some pain but not a lot. There seemed to be less stiffness which is good. I was tired at the end of the day but it was a good tiredness. I slept for over 7 hours last night without waking up which is wonderful. I will be starting my yoga moves today. 

Sewing

I went in to the quilt shop in New Minas to find out about my quilt and to buy a the William Morris fabric for a quilt I will make later this winter. The quilt was put in the back and forgotten as the work order was never printed out. They found it and it was moved forward as it was suppose to be done earlier. I should be picking it up this coming week as they called to say it was loaded on the long arm machine. I know I will be asking if they have printed out the work order the next time I take a quilt in. I have learned a few things with this quilt. 

I worked on the paw stockings and got the appliqués stitched on both the stockings. 

The fusible fleece is pressed onto all the grey pieces and the hanging tabs are stitched. I'm ready to sew the stockings and linings together and put them together. I'm excited at how much I got done yesterday. I hope to finish them today. 

Next up is an apron for daughter. Once that is done and the quilt binding sewn on and stitched down, I will be done their Christmas parcels. Then I will focus on other things the cardinal quilts being one. 

Knitting

I did more than 8 rows of knitting. The underarm cast off was done and 2 rows of decreasing done. No pictures taken as it really hasn't changed in appearance. 

Thoughts

    I did a lot of thinking about my health yesterday while driving. I have to accept that I may have to have a knee replacement but hope it won't come to that. If I do what I need to do I hope that I can have a better quality of life. My thinking and talking time were worth it. 

    I lost weight without trying to. I am still above where I was but .1 lb. above the 50 lb. mark once again. It was fluid from stress and the osteopathy session. My goal is to have the rest of the weight off as soon as possible through proper eating and exercise. 

    I am working on a plan to get back to cleaning and cooking. If the pain level remains low and I can get lots of sleep I can do more. I am using cleaners I don't normally use but it is to help me get the house clean quickly. Once I get the first cleaning done, I will go back and use my usual methods of cleaning. 

Today

I want to do some cleaning, yoga, laundry, sewing, and knitting. I plan on being home all day as I have nothing to get or anyone to see. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment