Friday, March 06, 2020

Review And Do

Yesterday was windy, cloudy, sunny, with one small snow flurry. It got to a high of 3.4C. This morning it is -3C and we are suppose to have mainly sunshine. 

Lifestyle

Though I was very tired yesterday, I did get the first part of the kitchen cleaned. All surfaces were scrubbed including doors and drawer fronts. The stove top got a good cleaning, all the appliances (large and small) were shined and the floor scrubbed hard. When that was done, 4 loads of laundry were folded and I had a rest. I think it was well deserved. 

January-February Review

During the morning, I did some thinking about what I had accomplished in January and February, reviewed my goals, and decided where I needed to go. 
I was excited when I added up the Christmas fabric. I have sewn 7.3 meters which is 25% of the 29.2 meters I have. The goal was to sew 50% of the fabric but I'm pushing towards getting it all sewn. That does not include the the 2 UFOs or 2 kits. They are slated for 2021. It feels great to have items made to use rather than it sitting on a shelf as yardage. 
I did sew 4.15 meters of doll fabric but added 1.75 meters to their stash. All for coats which I will get made. I'm going to be working on Keeper Dolly Duds patterns of which there are two more coat patterns to be sewn. 
I cut out the Regency gown outer fabric but not the lining. I was focusing so hard that I didn't push taking pattern pieces off to do the lining and loosing one or two pieces. 
I am enjoying doing a variety of sewing which has included embroidery. I have ideas in my head for down the road. 

Sewing

I cut out the fabric for the Regency dress but didn't get to the lining. I was afraid that I would loose pieces when I'm so tired. I have to get out a tray for this project to keep it all together. 
While resting in the morning, I thought about how to organize the doll's patterns. I have so many of them and most are pdf files. I print out the pattern pieces and read the instructions on the computer. I decided to tackle the pattern pieces as they have been lying around with no where to be stored. 
  • The loose pieces were gathered and put into a bag for recycling. I can print what I need again. I'm learning I only need the patterns I use a lot of the time. 
  • I went through the little filing system I had. Patterns I won't be sewing again were put into the bag for recycling. Those I use were separated into type and put into file folders and stored. I kept leggings, jeans, tee-shirt patterns plus a couple of patterns that I want to make. They are in a file and are to be made this year. 
  • The pdf patterns will have to be quickly downloaded and sorted. When fully sorted, they will be put onto a tetra drive and My Cloud. 
After that was done, I got out the small tube of UFO's that need to be done. I took one item and tossed it, saving the pins. The other three have to be made before the end of June. Two are doll clothes and one is a cloth bag. By that point I was done for the day. 

Knitting

Nothing was done as I knew I would be unknitting it today. 

Today

It is another morning in the kitchen cleaning the fridge. I want to cut out the lining for the Regency dress and start basting the pieces together that need it. I am hoping to knit tonight. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment