Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Projects Galore

Yesterday was the grey day that was getting ready to rain last night. The high yesterday was 4C and this morning it is already 6C. We did have rain during the night. It is to be a wet or snowy day today.

Lifestyle

I've been busy cleaning house in the mornings. I washed the tile floors yesterday with a cleaner I haven't used before. It left the floors sticky. I had to rinse them and now have to wash them on my hands and knees. I'm happy with what I have done to  date. 
I started gluten free yesterday as I haven't done it before. There are gluten sensitivities in my family so we wait and see what happens. It is the hardest of all to do as there is so much gluten in foods. I just have to be careful. Rice is my friend. 

Sewing

The reading pillow fabric I bought on Monday has been laundered and I'm almost done the pillow. I had to rush out and get a zipper yesterday afternoon. When it is sewn in, I can sew the front and backs together and call it done. Then I need to get books for it. Pictures when it is done. 
I took a break from the doll pattern. The skirt pattern has been fixed - the designer used reduced sized pattern pieces. I am hoping I have enough fabric for the pieces I have to recut. The bodice is done and quite cute. 
There is a crossover bib piece attached to the skirt that hides the front tabs. The tabs hold the bodice together. 

Knitting

The sweater is almost done to the underarms. It looks big to me but I wait and see. The hat is ready to cast off and I need to put it on other needles to do that. I am moving along nicely.

Today

I want to finish the reading pillow and prep to do embroidery. I should do the skirt to the pattern to see if I can complete the pattern. Once these items are done, it's on to the Spousal Unit's shirt. 
Until the next time..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment