Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Clutter Threshold In The Sewing Room

Yesterday was windy, sunny, and cool. The temperature dropped all day. This morning it is cool, sunny with clouds, and somewhat calm. The weather people say we are experiencing cooler than normal temperatures at the moment. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I spent an hour cleaning up the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. It was no nice to have those rooms clean. It didn't take as long as I had thought. I felt good with the results. 
The Spousal Unit was out (again) with Son. They went to a small community just past Digby. I had the day to myself so I tackled the paper work and did the budget. I unloaded the tray onto the table and sorted the slips into like piles. Garbage was tossed and what is to be kept put back int the tray. September's bank statement was printed off. I was ready. 
I use an Excel program from My Money Coach. I use their Excel program which you can download and use as is. I will be making some changes this coming year as it's time to customize the categories. 
I slugged for 2 hours on September's column. Enter, balance, enter, balance until it was all done. I WAS TIRED. But the books were balanced. I did the Snoopy dance, had lunch and then did the first half of October. I was done in an hour. So glad to have that job done and getting rid of the procasticlutter. 
Last evening we were invited to Son's for dinner. Daughter-in-law made Sausage Spinach Tomato Soup. It was delicious and I will be making it this winter. You can freeze it and that will be on the agenda later this month. 

Sewing Room

On an up note - I condensed the elastic into one container. 
It all fit with room to spare. That is the elastic container and I have enough elastic for quite a while. I'm okay with that and am happy to have it all together rather than in two spots (doll and adult). 
On the down note - I have misplaced 4 Christmas presents in the sewing room stuff. It made me realize how far past the Clutter Threshold I am now compared to what it use to be. 
At the moment, I am starting the chapter on Craft Room. I read the title last night and could feel my body tense up. I will plug through this chapter and work on my sewing room stuff. Having the bead purged and organized and the elastic in one container is a start. 
I am at this point now and need to move forward, especially in the sewing room. Keeping that room clean and relaxing will be work but I can't get it there unless I work on it. I need to be behind the Clutter Threshold not past it. 

Today

I need to clean the living/dining room, shop for groceries and choose one more category to purge, consolidate, and enjoy from the sewing room. I need to cast on the second hat (again) as I want to ship it next Tuesday along with a few more gifts. Free shipping Tuesday in Canada is marvelous. 
Until the next time...................


No comments:

Post a Comment