Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Another Sewing Project Started

 Yesterday was another lovely fall day with sunshine and a high of 18.3C. This morning it is 16C and cloudy. We are to have showers during the day and periods of rain tonight. The high is to get to 21C.

Lifestyle

I was out to pick up my prescription and have them fill the Spousal Unit's prescription mid morning. When I arrived home, I was exhausted. No energy at all. I've been sleeping poorly as our bedroom is too warm. Once I get tired, I get cranky and have no energy. Even last night's sleep was iffy as it was warm and the window was open. I love a cool bedroom and am waiting for cooler nights. 

The Spousal Unit picked beans last night. We had half for dinner and they were tender and very flavorful. The rest went to family so they can enjoy them too. There are more to pick in a few days. 

There were 83 new cases of the virus and 1 death reported yesterday for the past 3 days. There are 11 people in the hospital with 1 in the ICU. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room and started a grocery bag out of 100% linen from drapery material I had bought in Kamloops. I got the bag and handles made and am ready to start the lining. It is cut out ready to be sewn.


I enjoy making these bags on occasion as I can make them quickly and easily. This bag used up 1.5 meters of fabric and interfacing. I have enough interfacing for one more bag and about 1 meter of the lining left. 

I'm starting to think about October's sewing list. I want to have it done by Thursday (end of the month). I did tally up my totals to date.

For September:

  • I sewed up 6.8 meters of fabric.
  • I bought 1.2 meters of fabric. I have sewn up 1/2 of that fabric already. 

Year to date:

  • I have sewn 53.15 meters
  • I have donated 28.2 meters.
  • I have bought 15 meters. Of that total I have 2.1 meters on the stash shelf.

Knitting

I did 16 rows of knitting on the 2nd sock yesterday. I noticed I knit slowly as I was tired. I didn't make any mistakes as I was really focusing on what I was doing.

I have knit a total of 58 rows on each sock and need to look at the other socks and decide if I need to do one more pattern repeat (16 rows) or if this is enough. 

Today

We are off to New Minas to have the oil changed in the car, do some shopping and have lunch out. On the way home we have to stop at the quilt shop for daughter. Once home, I hope to work on the shopping bag. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment