Tuesday, June 01, 2021

The Placemats Are Done

 Yesterday was a warm day with a high of 24.6C. They said we were to have showers or drizzle. When the moisture came, you could say we had down pours. About 3/4" or more. Today we could see more showers and a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

I did laundry and cleaned the bathroom to within an inch of its life. It was nice to get it cleaned up and smelling like eucalyptus and mint. 

The Spousal Unit and spent some time on the puzzle yesterday morning. I worked on the big old tree and got quite a bit done on it. I have a few pieces left to find homes for before I start on another part. 

There were 17 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Community spread is low so travel restrictions have been lifted starting today. Schools open tomorrow and Thursday so we are starting to feel some sort of normalcy once again. What ever normal is. 

Sewing

The last placemat was finished and I am very happy with them. 

Two of the placemats are backed with fabric that has balls of yarn on it. Those are ours. 

The other two are backed with the light teal fabric and are for daughter. 

Pictures have been sent to the fabric shop the cat and yarn fabric was purchased and will be put into their weekly newsletter. I hope it sells all of that fabric as it is a fun fabric. 

I am thinking my next foray into quilting will be placemats by Night Owl. I have figured out I need 6 fat quarters plus 1.2 meters of fabric for backing and binding. I probably have to buy batting for this project also. 

In the mean time, I am going to sew 2 sleeveless t-shirts for the doll and make a wrap dress out of knit fabric. 

Knitting

I worked on the skirt last night and have almost finished the pattern at the bottom. It is an easy pattern to follow so I watch shows while I knit.

Today

I should do budget and clean the kitchen this morning, sew on the t-shirts this afternoon, and knit tonight. We will stay home today as we weren't expecting travel restrictions to be lifted this early. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment