Sunday, August 09, 2020

The Garden, Oh The Garden

Yesterday the high was 28C with a humidex of 32C. It was muggy but tolerable. This morning it was 13.5C at 6 a.m. and the high is to get to 30C today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I headed out to pick peas. The crop is good and we delivered them to family for their dinner. There is another picking in a few days that we will enjoy. I also dead headed the geraniums at the shed. They needed doing. The beans need to be picked again and a lot given away. What a crop of them this year. We had a lovely meal of them last night. 
There are no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are still 2 active cases in the province through international travel. We are faring well at keeping the curve flattened at this time. 

Sewing

I finished one reusable bag and it is ready for a good pressing. I had to stop hand sewing as my right hand started to cramp up. I got back to finishing it later but no time for pictures. 
Daughter had a parcel of fabric sent to me. I had to open it for her and take pictures. 
The yellow/blue batik on the right was a gift from the seller (actually 2 fat quarters) so I am going to sew it into something for the dolls. 
I am waiting for another pattern to put up onto the testing site. It is another Keepers Dolly Duds and I have the perfect fabrics for it. 

Knitting

I was making great progress and discovered I dropped a stitch. Had to go back and pick it up and am back to where I was. It is still a relaxing and easy knit. 

Today

Housework this morning for sure. A bit of sewing and out for dinner tonight. Knitting may or may not get looked at. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment