Monday, May 04, 2020

A Huge Disappointment

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun shone, it got to 17C, and there was minimal wind. This morning it is 8C and we've had a shower of rain during the night. 

Lifestyle

I was outside yesterday to look at the yard, the shed, and to watch the Snowbirds fly by. We talked about the yard work we want to do and how to clean up the shed. 
Like most people in our community, we were excited to have the Snowbirds fly over our community in the afternoon. In our area, many people were outside to watch. We social distanced and talked. And waited. Our son texted as we heard a noise and told us the Snowbirds had crossed over south of us. They missed our community. Talk about disappointed. Talk about people looking deflated as much as we were. Something small like that makes your day and if it doesn't happen you can really feel it mentally and emotionally. 
The update on the virus didn't help much either. Eight new cases isn't bad but 6 deaths in the nursing home was. Three of the new cases was at the nursing home. Hopefully the spread in there will become zero soon. 

Sewing

I finished the dress to the button holes and buttons. It was a delight to sew to this stage. 
I have the tear away stabilizer ready to do the buttonholes today. I thought about how much work Ma did when making these dresses for Laura and Mary. And how proud the girls must have been to wear them. Job well done, Ma Ingalls. 

Knitting

I finished the first sleeve on the sweater last night. I'm liking this one much better. I really don't like the wool though. It is like most inexpensive wool; scratchy and rough to knit with. I'm spoiled and I am happy about that. It will be gone and, as it is discontinued, I won't have to knit it again. 

Today

I am going to do some housework, a bit of sewing and knitting. If the weather improves, we may go for a drive for our mental health. We missed it yesterday. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment