Saturday, January 25, 2020

More Christmas Sewing

Yesterday was another lovely day. The high got to 3C. It was -8C this morning but is to warm up and rain tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to do shopping and was home by 1:15 p.m. I got everything I needed. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room by 2 p.m. and spent 2 hours sewing. First up, I finished the tree skirt. The gimp was a bit of an issue when I started to sew it down. And then it didn't align nicely at each end. No one will see that as it goes to the back of the tree. 
I started a topper for the Spousal Unit's end table (living room). His matches the tree skirt. 
I have since put flannel between the front and backing and did channels down the grey fabric. I also stitched in the ditch around the grey part. I will decide on if I will do a row of stitching around the border. 
I did not have enough of the border fabric for my topper so I am going with this fabric for borders. 
I'm not sure if I will bind mine in the check and his in the berry fabric. I have to showcase it to see if I like that idea. I do plan on Christmas sewing on Sunday. My time has been cut short so I need an extra 4 hours to complete what I'm doing. 

Knitting

I am knitting daughter-in-law a messy bun hat. The yarn is a cotton/polyester blend and very nice to knit. I puttered at it last night and am doing well on it. 
I bought the yarn for daughter's dog's sweater. It is next on the knitting list. 
I'm set up for a couple weeks of knitting. 

Today

Daughter-in-law and I are going to Bayer's Lake and Halifax to do the big shopping. Meat and soup. We enjoy doing that together. When I get home, I hope to sew on my table topper for a bit. Then it will be knitting tonight. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment