Thursday, July 25, 2019

First Draft, First Muslin

Yesterday had a couple of showers in the morning and then the weather improved. It wasn't as warm as it has been which was nice. The high got to 23C and this morning it was 13C. Windows were open all night. 

Lifestyle

We had our grandson yesterday and he was kept busy. We took the Spousal Unit out for lunch to Subway. 
The Spousal Unit also trimmed the tomato plants. They are doing so well that they had become too thick. We will have a lot of tomatoes this year. He also started to weed the hedge. Once the big weeds are gone, it will need to be done again as the small weeds are growing rapidly. 
I washed all the floors in the morning and did a load of laundry. All I need to do is tidy up my knitting on the couch and fix the couch blankets and the house is clean. 

Sewing

I did a bit of sewing yesterday. I cut out the pattern I had drafted at the end of March and sewed it up. 
I sewed up the bodice as I usually do but didn't attach the skirt so the seam is hidden. This is a muslin. Once I get closer to the final product, I will sew it correctly. 
The fit is good but there are some adjustments needed. 

  • Lower neckline 1/4"
  • Lengthen bodice to waist
  • Make peplum longer and fuller
It was fun to try something I had designed and drafted. When I get this one right, I'll do one for the Gotz dolls. I'm on the road to getting something done I had visioned last February. 
It isn't exactly the same but close. I'm looking at pin tucks on the bodice and the peplum as I drafted. 

Knitting

After I had finished a book I was reading, I cast on the stitches for the body of the sweater I am testing. Row 1 is done and I'm ready to continue knitting. 

Today

We have to go get the prime rib for dinner tomorrow night and I need to buy groceries. I will be knitting but not sure if I will be sewing or not. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment