Sunday, March 10, 2024

The Garlic Has Sprouted

 Though not sunny, it wasn't really dull yesterday. We had clouds, wind and a high of 4.1C. This morning it is cloudy and 0C. Today we are to have rain and a high of 4C. 

Lifestyle

My morning was crazy. I started out cleaning the spare room and while the floors were drying I started working on my taxes. When I lifted my head, it was almost noon. And I only stopped as I was basically done and knew the how much I have to pay. 

After lunch, I finished the spare bedroom and am very happy with it. I need to wash the window but it can wait for a few days. It will be warm at the end of the week. 

I walked over to see my friend in the late afternoon and she was doing her taxes. She isn't done as she has to do the business side next. After a chat, we went for a walk and she took off to watch her oldest grandson play hockey. 

The walk went well and, though slow, I am walking better. The cracking yesterday morning left me with little pain and I have had more cracking this morning. Things are shifting into place even more. 

We took a short walk to the back of the house and talked about under the deck. I am going to try doing it myself with the help of her two grandsons. I lifted the burlap off the garlic and they have sprouted. Lots of garlic for this fall. Hurrah!

Sewing and Crafting

I got the 4 red blocks quilted and called it a day. The quilt is getting awkward to handle now but I will win the war with it. My plan is to put the last two rows together and then sew them onto the main quilt. That way I will only have to wrestle it less than if I put each row on separately. 

I spent time looking at my cards and put a bit of shine on one of them. I was ready to go and gas up the car and visit my friend. 

Knitting

I unknit the decreased part of the hat and knit another 5 rows. I now have to knit 4 more rows to get the length. Then I can finish it. 

Thoughts

    Though I hate doing taxes, I realize I am not living at the poverty level. I have an average income for a single person in Canada. I am living debt free and am grateful I can do things without a lot of financial worry. 

    The soreness of the massage paid off. Things are shifting into place allowing me to be more mobile. I still am not 100% nor will I be. But I am feeling like I can do more outside than I could last year. I will tackle what I can and hire someone to do the rest. 

    My thoughts went to using up what I have and I will be continuing with this for the year. I am not going to be anal about it as I know I have to buy backing and batting for the next quilt. I know I may have to buy some supplies. What I am trying to do is not buy fabric for a project and then have it sit on the shelf for months on end. 

Today

I have to try to do yoga and then do the balance sheet. Once done I am going to enjoy the rest of the day. I want to smock, do 3 cards, and lay out the next 4 blocks of the cardinal quilt. The only thing I have to do while I am working on the balance sheet is a load of laundry. It is to be a bit of a fun day for me. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment