Monday, June 17, 2019

Testing A Doll's Skirt Pattern

Yesterday was warm and humid and today it has rained, gloomy, and dark. It has since brightened up and is suppose to clear off for the next few days. 

Lifestyle

This morning's entertainment was watching the gravel put on the shoulders of our street. There were enough people here to say we had overkill. Seven with shovels and rakes along with trucks, packers, etc. They were done in 2 hours. 
Yesterday the Spousal Unit used the new weed eater and I also gave it a try. Powerful and light weight. Most of the ditch on our side has been whacked off and the road side needs to be done. 
Grandson was over to show us his prizes from year end ceremonies at school. He was on the honor roll all year and got the honor's tie to wear for the remaining years at school. He also got a bronze pin for community service. We are proud of him as this has been a big learning year in a new school and environment. 
I worked a bit more on the spare bedroom. I have the window left to clean and the floor to wash. 

Health

Though I haven't been taking turmeric supplements for 5 days, I still have some ups and downs with my stomach. I have to watch what I eat and keep it bland for a few more days. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room working on a doll's skirt. It is a cute pattern but sewing the pleats into the front can be an issue. 
One thing I will do the next time is to fray check the little area you notch more. I did put a tiny drop on but it wasn't enough. 
I have to add the waistband next, do the seams, hem, and add buttons and snaps. I could do two clasps on the front rather than buttons. Thinking about this. 

Knitting

The first of the test sweaters is done. I did a bit of a steam on it and it is a bit big. I'll throw it into the washer and dryer to see if it becomes smaller. If not I will knit it on smaller needles the next time.

The second test sweater is now coming along nicely. I had to pick up the stitches for the first sleeve 4 times. It was me, not the pattern. I'm ready to knit the 20th row. I hope to have it done soon as I need to start another sweater. I also need to prepare a Join Along for July. 

Today

I am hoping to finish up the spare room and wash all the floors. This afternoon will be spent sewing. I want to finish up the skirt so I can resume sewing the napkins. Tonight I will knit on the sweater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment