Tuesday, March 05, 2019

What A Storm!

We had quite the snow storm yesterday. It snowed about 6" before it turned to ice pellets. About 2" of that fell and then it turned to rain. Freezing rain by dinner time. Two of our front windows were covered in freezing rain and we could not see out. 

Lifestyle

I headed to to get a few groceries prior to it snowing hard. It was bad enough as the roads weren't in the best of shape. It was a struggle for all to keep up. 
As you never know if your wiper blades will freeze, we put them up in weather like this. Day and night. 
The Spousal Unit was out 3 times to shovel the driveway. Daughter-In-Law helped him out on the second go at the driveway. 
Was it a Storm chip type of day?
There were none in the store so I didn't get any. 

Health

I ate carefully yesterday and I'm holding at my new weight. I didn't sleep well last night so will be having a nap this morning. Don't know why that happened but it did. 

Sewing

I almost got Son's jeans hemmed yesterday. I have to turn the hem for the second time on the second leg, stitch it down and done. 
I worked on the princess seams in the back and it was great. I did the AG one also. My mind is racing with ideas and I keep them sorted out. I may have to write them down to keep them organized in my head. As time goes on, I will narrow it down to what I want to draft for my outfit.
There is a new Chosen doll available for sale on March 13. I won't be buying one as she is not jointed. But, she is lovely looking. 
I love the fact she has dark red hair and blue eyes. I'm collecting the jointed dolls and am staying firm with that decision. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night but read a book. I needed a break for the night. 

Today

Our trip to the city may happen this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm going to fold laundry and have a nap before lunch. That way I will be ready. If we don't go until tomorrow, I will work on yokes and finish up the jeans this afternoon. Today was suppose to be a flex day so I do have to do at least one lesson. Yokes is a busy one with many variations to draw, cut and tape into the right shape. Thank goodness surplice has only 2 parts to it. 
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment