Saturday, January 09, 2021

Next Test Pattern Begun

 Yesterdays weather was better than Thursday's. We had a high of -0.7C but no rain. Just gray with clouds. A fair amount of wind also until evening. This morning it is -3C and quite calm. We could see some sunshine today. 

Lifestyle

I did our budget and paid bill yesterday. It took until after 1 p.m. I need to set a day aside each month to do this as this was 2 months worth. Not impressed with myself. 

Doing the budget means no housework gets done. It means I just sit and work at the computer. I do get up for breaks which is nice. But it leaves me tired.

I did nap yesterday afternoon. I said to the Spousal Unit to wake me up when dinner was ready. I woke up at 4:45 pm and he was asleep also. I had to make dinner which was difficult. I had low blood sugar and was a bit out of it. Was fine after we had dinner. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Some restrictions have been modified and others have been left in place. Other than shopping, we've been home since before Christmas and are starting to get a bit cranky. We are close to needing a day out for mental health. 

Sewing

I started the test pattern by cutting out the skirt and serging the hem and back side pieces. I also started pleating it. 


I'm calling this practice as I have to remove all the pins and hem the skirt and do 3 rows of decorative stitching on it. Then I can pleat again. It won't be as hard the next time as I have the method figured out. 

Other designers are starting to put up new designs but I'm sticking to one pattern a month unless I have the time to do a 2nd one. 

Knitting

I knit on the messy bun hat and got several more rows done. It's a slow knit. 

Today

Some housework this morning and then sewing this afternoon and knit tonight. I'm monitoring mental health today as we may need to go for a drive tomorrow. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment