Tuesday, November 19, 2019

A Project Tossed

Yesterday started out cool (-5C) and cloudy. It warmed up to 4C and it rained about 3/4". Today is suppose to be warmer at 7C and there will be showers. 

Lifestyle

I decided to make buns yesterday and by noon they were cool enough for the Spousal Unit to have one for lunch. While the dough was rising, I took the lint brush to the couch and removed the cat hair from one part. I covered that part with a blanket. 

Sewing

I am over half done the reusable grocery bag. I made piping for the handles and sewed up the outer fabric. I went back to the simple pattern with a seam up the back and it went together beautifully. 
I am in the process of buying a used American Girl doll. She caught my eye as she has blue eyes, brown hair, and freckles. I am hoping to pick her up Thursday morning. She will be a model for me as I trudge through the doll's fabric sewing it up. 
Picture is from the listing. 

Knitting

I  got pictures of the sweater and hat. 
This designer has wonderful patterns. I call this one a winner. 
The hat is fabulous and I can see knitting it for other outfits. And a bonus -- the pattern fits the Gotz dolls. If I make another one for them, I will add one more cable repeat to the sleeves. 
With the test done, it was time to finish the UFOs. I got out the doll's sweater I was working on and it was hard going. Stitches fell off the needles (too slippery) so I decided to ravel it out and use the yarn for another project. Did not happen. After 30 minutes of frustration and a bunch of knots, I tossed the yarn into the trash. A first for me. I got out grandson's socks and knit 10 rounds on one of them while I sulked. I will replace the yarn and make another project. 

Today

 I have to be out and about for a bit but hope to do more cleaning on the couch. This afternoon, I hope to finish the bag and this evening knit on the socks. I'm working towards a clean slate for December 24. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment