Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Ready to Paint

We have had some wet weather the past three of days. It isn't raining yet today but there could be showers for the next 24 hours. 

Lifestyle

The walls in the basement are ready for paint. We are quite excited to be at this stage of the game. It means I have to paint the doors and window casings. I'm ready for that. 
We are both ready to claim our house back. The company said 4 weeks but we know it will be 6+ weeks before they will come and reload the basement. We are very tired of living in the mess and trying to function normally. I do try to keep areas of the house clean but it is hard to keep the whole upstairs neat and tidy. 
With limited access to our belongings, I worked on the family tree. The research has been productive. Many of my 3x great grandfather, David Stillman, siblings lived in our area during their adult lives. My goal is to do a bit more research and put together names and communities so we can visit those communities and cemeteries.

Health

Though our lives are in chaos, I've managed to eat well and track everything that goes into my mouth. I'm hoping that walking away from food when I'm stressed will show up on the scales tonight. 

Sewing

I haven't got any more patterns printed out as I've been busy with other things. I want to trace out a pattern called Carrots (after Anne of Green Gables) and sew it in a homespun. After that, I will look at other patterns and prepare them for sewing. I need to get something so I can store the patterns in file folders. 
When I have had some quiet time, I have been thinking about the fabric stash. I really want to sew it down so I don't have to put in cubbies/cabinets to store what I have. I really want a white dresser to store some bits and pieces. I need to make a plan and follow through with it. Attainable goals so I see progress. I need to go back to fabric fasting though I have one gift certificate left to use. I'll save it for later in the summer.  

Knitting

I finished the test dress and collar. It is really a cute outfit. 

I have a belt to knit for it. I'll put the outfit up for sale in the fall. I need to part with some of the outfits I've made. I'm going to knit a capelet from the remaining yarn. 
The sweater I'm pattern testing was ripped out and reknit yesterday. I'm almost done the body. I had a mistake and couldn't live with it hence why I ripped it out. It is an easy pattern to knit. 
As I can reach my yarn stash, I have been working on a plan to knit it down. I hope that I don't have to buy much yarn for the next bit. At the moment my plan is to 

  • finish up the red sweater
  • do the belt for the lavender dress and knit the remaining yarn into a capelet. It may not go with the dress but I have cotton in the same color that I could sew a dress to go with the capelet. 
  • finish grandson's socks
  • finish my beaded scarf
After these are done, I will plan new projects. More like two at a time.

Today

It will be a quiet day with the possibility of a nap. I didn't sleep well last night. My mind raced until midnight when I got up and sat for a bit so I could relax and sleep. Hence, I am tired today. In reality, it means some housework, groceries, and laundry. I also need to okay the flooring and order a counter top for the downstairs bathroom. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment