Saturday, January 05, 2019

Messy Bun Hat #2 Finished

Yesterday the temperature rose to above freezing by 11 a.m. During the day, the temperature rose to 4C and it dropped to 2C during the night. The storm will be over us and then we will get another spell of cold weather. 

Lifestyle

House 

I spent yesterday morning cleaning the house. I have decided cleaning our house is not a project but a chore that needs to be done on a regular basis. Some parts need to be done daily, others weekly. Yesterday was a combination of weekly and daily. The master bedroom, bathroom and kitchen were the targets for the morning. 
I am trying to use up what is in the freezer and I have the fridge freezer tidied up. I will have to make soup with the ham bones, eat some salmon and the frozen vegetables and we can get more for the upstairs freezer. The downstairs freezer will be used up in about 4 weeks and then I will do another meat run. The pantry has the usual items in it and I will continue to buy what we need. I'm trying to stay away from overloading the area but may put some items in the basement if I see a good sale. 

Health

Yesterday, I started back on my proper eating regime. It is time to cut out the refined sugars and eat more vegetables, fruit, and protein. It will take about 4 days of this to get the refined sugars out of my system. Though not much fun, it is a necessity. 
We didn't turn the heat up very much yesterday morning as this house stays warm with the proper sized heat pump in it. I roasted in the house on Thursday and wasn't going for a repeat on Friday. This morning, the house is warm and the heat pump is set at 61F.  

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I needed to finish a book that would have disappeared from my iPad. I thought it was two books in one but it was three. 

Knitting

I finished the second messy bun hat. It turned out very nice and is quite sparkly. 
I am taking a rest from the hats and will be knitting on my scarf and crocheting little items for the dolls from the left over messy bun yarn (white and grey). 

Today

I need to clean the dining and living room, tidy up the three rooms I did yesterday (daily tidy up) and do a bit of sewing. The Spousal Unit is going to a basketball game this afternoon and we are having dinner with family. 
Until the next time.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment