Monday, May 21, 2018

Pink Sky At Night

Yesterday, was wet and warm. At one point in the afternoon, it rained hard. Everything has been well watered which is nice. 

Lifestyle

Last evening when I went outside to take some pictures, the sky was gorgeous. Pictures never do it justice. 
Our street was busy at that time of night. Kids were out playing and riding their bikes. Adults were out with them. 
My main reason for going out was to take a picture of the solar lily I got for Mother's Day about 6 years ago. It is always somewhere to look at in the evenings. 
At this house, it is in the front by the walk way. We can look at it out the front windows. 
I was able to get a picture of it with the lights on. After a grey day, I didn't think it would come on. 
In the afternoon, Daughter-in-law and I went to the city to shop. We hit the masses in Ikea, Costco, and Walmart. It wasn't that busy at Christmas. We had a good time shopping and visiting. 

Sewing

No sewing yesterday but more thoughts are evolving in my head. I can sew them while doing the Spousal Unit's shirt. Beta tests on patterns. 
I got the American girl doll and she is in okay condition. I gave her a good wash and she wasn't overly dirty. She has two pen marks on her face which I am hoping will come off with acne cream. Her body has some felt marks on it but nothing drastic. Her limbs are loose and I will tighten them. If her hair doesn't soften with a shampoo and hot water treatment, I will buy her a wig. As of now, she can model the clothes I am making. 

Knitting

The sweater is almost knit and ready to sew together. 
Though the daisy stitch is a bit cumbersome to begin with, it does get easier as time goes on. The pattern is well written. I have a purse and hat to knit to go with the sweater and will sew white leggings. Then pink runners will be added to finish off the look. This pattern fits a Gotz doll. 

Today

After I do some housework, I will be sewing and helping with flower pots. A relaxing day at home. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment