Stash Shrinker is set up and I'm doing more color coding this year.
- Black - in the stash and my fabrics
- Red - in the stash and Daughter's fabrics
- Blue - fabric purchased for a project (new or to finish)
I am also going to inventory the fabric. As I use a piece of fabric it will go into the Purchase (Inventory) column and what I use will go into the Sewn column. The goal is to have the same amount in both columns so nothing goes back onto the shelves. I have the multiplier set to 100 meters to be sewn so, technically I can't buy fabric.
I am also setting some days aside to sew only Halloween and Christmas fabrics.
Fabric Out Of The Stash 2020January - 10.6 meters. I had 13.1 meters of fabric that was inventoried. The 2.5 meters is left from the cat bag and the Snow wall hanging.
- Sew down more of the stash. Try for 10 meters but will be happy with 8 meters.
- Sew Christmas fabric for 3 days.
- First two days of February - 1.05 m sewn
- Week Two - 1.05 meters sewn
- Week Three - 4.15 meters sewn
- Reading Pillow
- Valentine wall hanging (embroidered) I have to buy fabric for this one. (Done Feb. 9, 2020)
JanuaryThe sewing room is clean and ready for me to start sewing. All fabric in the sewing room officially becomes stash on Jan. 1, 2020.
January's focus is on
- Christmas fabrics for
- 2.5 meters of fabric cut out waiting to be sewn starting Jan. 23.
Halloween fabrics for 2 days
- At the end of Week 2 - of the 5.6 meter taken out, I have cut out or sewn 4.9 meters.
- At the end of Week 3 - of the 4.25 meters taken out, I have cut out/sewn 3.55 meters.
- At the end of Week 4 - of the 2.5 meters taken out, I have sewn 1.4 meters.
I pulled out a pile of matching Christmas fabric and I'm going to sew it first. Tree skirts, table toppers, runners, and what ever else fills the bill.
This should be a high yardage month due to the winter weather. If it isn't done, I'm not going to beat myself up.
- Tree skirt for myself (Done January 24, 2020)
- Table toppers (Done Jan. 26, 2020)
- Table topper (Done Jan. 26, 2020)
- Reading pillow (February - may need to buy some fabric for this one.) Fabric is bought.
- Animal print purse (new pattern to try out for my reusable grocery bags.) (Done Jan. 19, 2019)
- One embroidery project - wall hanging (Done January 22, 2020)
- Piping (How much will be the end of the month's tally -- 2.0+2.7 meters) Fabric used .3 Dark blue piping is 3 meters and .15 meters of fabric used. (Total fabric used is .45 meter)
- One doll's outfit (test or otherwise)
I'm almost done the dress -(Done Jan. 12, 2019)