LifestyleWork has been busy and then at home I have been thinking for down the road. My reading of novels stopped as I started to read Craft Business Power to see where I want to take my doll clothes. Even if I only do 50% of what they suggest, this is kicking my brain into active mode rather than passive mode. I have noticed that my mind is not being active at all; I have been just rolling along.
SewingI did some sewing yesterday and worked on Butterick 6468.
I made the dress and I think it is ugly. I needed it to showcase the apron.
The dress is made out of cotton sateen and sewed up very nicely. There is a front piece, front facing and two back pieces. I did no altering at all as this dress as it isn't even a style ladies wore in that era. Most dresses were fitted with the dress opening in the front. I don't think this dress will ever be made again.
The apron is much cuter and is ready to put the second pocket on.
The goal was to complete this today. I do love the pattern on this fabric. And, the style is more correct to the era.
I have been making some loose decisions on making doll clothes. I want to have my decisions firmed up and some of my ideas done by the time I decide to retire from the store.
- To take the doll clothing course from Craftsy. Joan Hinds is a well respected person and I can learn the basics from her.
- Complete the Couture Sewing Academy by Pixie Faire. This course will help me do a neater job of the doll clothes I plan on making.
- Sign up and take more courses through Pixie Faire. These will help me immensely when making doll clothes.
- Decide on a brand -- it is floating around in my head. Make business cards to attach to the doll clothes I plan on selling.
- Decide on what type of doll clothes I want to focus on during my time. Right now, I sew what ever to promote the patterns and fabric we sell at the store.
- Have clothing that sells with and without accessories. I will buy the shoes but will make the socks, mitts, hats, underwear, and jewellery for specific outfits I have up my sleeve. That way, I will have a range of prices to sell to people.
TomorrowI am back at work for 3 days and then have a day off, work 2 and have a day off. I now have to work one late night for two weeks and then the third week I have no late nights. Not looking forward that but it has to happen.
Until the next time........................