Tuesday, January 12, 2016

We Said Goodbye

Yesterday we had sunshine. It was glorious to have it shine into the house and make it bright and cheerful. The temperature remained constant at -3 -/-4C or 26-28F. At 3 p.m. it was -1C or 30F. The high got to freezing and it is that this morning.  

Lifestyle

I got quite a bit of house work done and am slowly getting the house cleaned up. Yesterday was kitchen, dining and living areas. Not only did I sort and put away, I tossed quite a bit of stuff into recycling. Floors were washed and all is looking much nicer.
I have decided that as I have time, I am going to go through our possessions one more time and reduce the amount of some items we have, replace other items, and have our place containing only what we love. That happened after cleaning up the living room and seeing how nice it looks with little clutter in it. In fact, it looks quite large.
We also experienced sadness yesterday. Our dog, Jill would not get up. She looked at us with sad eyes and it broke our hearts. We got an appointment with the vet and she is now in dog heaven.  We will remember the good times we had with her as she is our last dog.

Sewing

I put an invisible zipper into a top for a co-worker. I gnashed my teeth as it was a short zipper and she needed the full length to open to put it on. I am going to ask her to buy longer zippers if she wants me to put zippers in for her. I can make them the length needed for the garment.
I didn't get to the top I want to make for myself. The time flew by and it sat waiting for me and I didn't arrive.

Knitting

I got 24 rows knit on the scarf and it is done and ready to cast off. It then needs to be blocked and sewn into a circle. It was a lot of work but well worth it.

Today

I am off work again today. Once the chores are done, the unit shown, a bit of shopping done, I hope to get the pattern laid out for the top. I am sure it is going to be a busy day. It is my last day off as I was asked to work tomorrow.
Until tomorrow......................

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you and your husband! It's always hard to lose your family pet, especially as you've decided he is the last dog. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dog. It was very difficult for us when we had to put our dog down. I would love to see a picture of your finished scarf. What a lot of work! I'm sure the recipient will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete