Saturday, January 23, 2016

Project One Near Completion

Yesterday the weather was stellar. The low was close to freezing but the high got to 7.8C or 46F. The sun shone and we opened the windows to air out the house. It was a near perfect January day. This morning it is near freezing and foggy. There is a chance of snow or rain today. Not what we expected. The forecast was for the same as yesterday but it isn't happening.

Lifestyle

We headed out to get groceries first thing so we could have the rest of the day to be at home doing what we wanted. In the afternoon, we went out again to renew the insurance on my vehicle. We did enjoy having a day mostly at home.
My day at home included some laundry and sewing. The Spousal Unit primed the all closet and part of the entry way walls.
We now have to get the pale grey paint for the closet so it can be finished. We both can't wait to have a place to hang our coats and put our boots into.
We got a call from out grandson the other night and his insulin pump has arrived at their home. He is so excited to be getting one. They learn how to do it on Feb. 8. Life will be better for them.

Sewing

I spent a fair amount of time sewing the red top for the store. By the end of the day, I was ready to put on the neck band.
The cuffs were added to the sleeves after this picture was taken but it was too dark to get a good picture of the shirt.
I do like this shirt but am not sure if it is me with the lace overlay. I know I will make it again without the lace. I would love to make it with a faux leather knit on the shoulders so am thinking about that.

Knitting

I sat down and tried to figure out how to join the next strip to the afghan without having a ridge. Instead of doing a single crochet, you do a slip stitch. I found that on YouTube. I then sat and put the strip on and, much to my dismay, it didn't work out evenly. So, I ripped it all out, counted the design, pinned them together and started again. At least I am learning something from all of this. I may not use it again but one never knows.
The scarf is over half blocked. As I sew, I lay it on the ironing board and steam it and push it into shape. It cools while I sew. It will be ready to sew together in the next week.

Today

I work from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. I plan on doing a bit of house work and finish up the top to take in. It will be nice to have it finished and hung up. Then it will be project two on the table.
Until tomorrow........................

No comments:

Post a Comment