Friday, January 29, 2016

A Split Shift

Yesterday was our warmest day this winter. The high got to 13.5C or 56F. The snow was melting quickly and there is a lot of grass showing in our yard. This morning it is 1C or 34F and it is only suppose to get marginally warmer.

Lifestyle

I headed out to work and it was a bit crazy. One of the tills refused to work the night before and scheduling was nutty. I headed out to sweep up the fluff and sand off the floor and when the doors opened it was crazy busy.
About an hour into the shift, two of were asked if we could leave at 1:30 p.m. and come back at 5 p.m. and work until 9 p.m. It was a busy afternoon we were told.
At home, I rested on the couch dozing off a couple of times.
The evening went well with customers until about 7 p.m. Then it went quiet and we started putting fabrics away. Several customers came in which made for some variety. By 9 p.m. all the fabric but three pieces were put away and most of the cottons cleaned up. My watch said I walked 5.8 miles, the most in a long time. It was from putting fabric away.  

Sewing

I did look at fabric for the Susie pouch but didn't find any I liked. So, the pouch will be made in the print and black. I will buy a bit of lace to put on it. The prototype will be for me to fill up with items I need in the store during my work day. I can tuck it under the table or on a shelf behind the table.

Today

I work from 5 to 9 p.m. During the day, I am going to shop for new runners and some groceries. I may start cutting out the Susie pouch. We also have Daughter's dogs for part of the day.
Until tomorrow...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment