Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Long Work Day

Yesterday morning we had fog and it took some time for it to disappear. The difference between low and high temperatures was 3C. It was mainly mostly cloudy for the majority of the day. Today, it seems we may have sun with temperatures hovering around the freezing mark.

Lifestyle

I had thought (only in my dreams) that I worked from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. but it was from 930 to 1:30. By 10:30 I was informed I was working 8 hours. It was another busy day with some large amounts of fabric being bought. A co-worker cleaned out underneath one of the tables and hauled out a huge amount of remnants. I was surprised at how much had gotten stuffed under there by everyone including me. There is boxes of remnants that need to be rolled again. When it is quiet, we will get it done.  

Sewing

The top still awaits the neck band and hem as I had no time yesterday to sew on it.
I bought two pieces of remnants yesterday. A black print for an apron for work and white piece of cotton as lining more gift and wine bags. Lastly, I bought a piece of linen that I got for 65% off. It has a few funny marks on it that I can work around if they don't wash out. The bolt was horrid when it was brought to the table. Stained and then a missing piece out of the selvage which was 15" or more long by an inch wide. I am thinking of making a top out of my piece. A co-worker is making capris out of her piece. 
I also bought two patterns. One for Grandson and the other a jacket pattern.

Vogue 9127
I bought it to make a plain jacket. I may shorten it but am not sure. It will be done in wool with a kasha lining for warmth in the winter. I will knit several cowls to wear with it to give it a more finished look. No belt will be worn. My inspiration came from McCall's Blog.
From here, I hope not to buy too much fabric as I need to sew up what I have. I also need to have days off to sew up my fabric.

Knitting

I got one strip attached to the afghan and the next one pinned on ready to attach. It takes over an hour to crochet them together. I will be ready to do borders towards the end of next week which is the next challenge in this project.

Today

I need to do some housework. I work from noon to 5 p.m. We will also be Skyping with Son and family tonight. If I can, I may squeeze in a bit of sewing.
Until tomorrow......................

No comments:

Post a Comment