Saturday, January 09, 2016

A Gift Bag is Started

Yesterday was about the same temperature wise. The temperature is right around the freezing mark which is nice. It was reported that we have had 45 cm or 18" of snow so far this winter. About 15" of it fell over the Christmas holidays.

Lifestyle

I worked 5.5 hours yesterday and then sent home. So were two others as it was a slow day. I spent the majority of the day cleaning up the Bargain Center. Another lady and I were working on the discounted fabrics when we were told we were going home.
I am not unhappy about going home early. I am not as sore or as tired as when I work 8 hours. I also have time to do a few other things at home. This coming week I have three short and one long shift. Perfect.

Sewing

As I was home in good time, I started sewing the gift bag. I got the outer part done.
The lining and assembling won't take to long to do.
I have one piece of garment fabric to wash and I can start working on a top for myself. Looking forward to that.

Knitting

I got 12 more rows done and then fell asleep on the couch. The scarf is getting close to being done and I will be happy to be finished it.

Today

I am off work so need to clean house, do laundry, and allow myself at least an hour to sew.
Until tomorrow................

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post! The gift bag looked really nice it actually reminded me of a gift bag from a popular gift store where I buy presents from! It is actually a nice idea to make the gift bags DIY and but I’ll probably try to make it like a “green bag”.

    ReplyDelete