Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Basic Wardrobe Plan in Navy

Yesterday was a very sunny day with a high of 5.5C or 42F. It really lifted people's spirits. Today is suppose to be warmer than yesterday. Hopefully we will get plenty of sunshine again.

Lifestyle

I got a phone call at 8:30 a.m. to work 8 hours. I worked from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. cutting fabric and then from 5:20 p.m. to 9 p.m. sorting drapery panels. The other lady who helped is a retired school teacher also and we work really well together. The lady who looks after the draperies in the store is fun to work with. We laughed as we worked and got a huge amount done. The discontinued pile is quite large. I would think another 4 hours would have it basically done.
So, my day at work cut into my housework. Especially laundry. I am trying to have it completely caught up prior to the tenants moving in on Sunday. Goal ~ to be done today.

Sewing

I did make some time to finish up the red knit top. The hem was done and it actually went together well. I ironed the hem well, added steam a seam and pressed it well again. It was hemmed using a twin needle.
It is now hanging in the store until the end of February. One co-worker owns the pattern and is now inspired to make one herself.
Now to start work on the navy blue top. It is a part of the navy column I want to sew up. The top as a project, navy denim leggings, a plain navy top, and navy jeans. I have to look to see if there is navy Ponte for a second pair of leggings. If not, then I will make a second pair of navy denim leggings. I will add 2 white t-shirts, a navy top in another style, and a plaid shirt to the mix. I would also like to make a purse as my old one is worn out and a navy/white print crepe scarf. That will carry me through for quite a while giving me a Core Four, an Expansion Four, a Mileage piece and an Integration piece. It is basic which I am happy with.

Today

I am off work and have a pile of laundry to do, some floors to mop, and then I can sew. Well, trace a pattern for the next project. I would like to make two more gift bags also as a change from garment sewing.
Until tomorrow.....................

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for having the discipline to do a core wardrobe. I am such a magpie when it comes to fabrics and sewing. Lol. You sure are being kept busy at work. That red t-shirt is nice. The lace makes the red pop.

    ReplyDelete