Monday, December 14, 2015

Stuffed To The Gills

Yesterday was another cool day though the temperature did get to 6.5C or 43F. We also had rain and the hills had snow. That means the ski hill is getting fresh snow almost daily.


Lifestyle


Yesterday morning, I unpacked the 4 tubs/boxes the Spousal Unit brought up and put in the sewing room. I am trying to organize the items as I go. Most of it I need and will use up before deciding if I will replace it or not.


While at work, the Spousal Unit brought up more items for the sewing room, had his lunch and then slept for several hours. He did wake up in time to make dinner. I think he is fighting a cold.


Sewing


Everything for the vest is upstairs to start so I hope to start it this afternoon. I am looking forward to tracing the pattern and cutting into the fabric. That will happen after I bring up more boxes from the basement and unpack them.


As I look at all the "stuff" I have to put in that small room, I realize that I can't buy a lot more fabric or notions or whatever. I need to take stock of what I want to do and focus on it rather than having a room stuffed to the gills and not enjoying it. I'm on diet mode once again in the sewing room.


Knitting


I got one more pattern set knit on the scarf. I had to unknit rows as I had the wrong number of stitches at one point. But, it got corrected and the job was done.


Today, I am off work and I have to bring up items from the basement and unpack them. We will see how much I get done as I would love to get a lot more done than I think I am going to be able to do. In other words, I have set too lofty a goal.


Until tomorrow.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment