Friday, December 18, 2015

Snow, Fleece, and Chenille - A Winter Combination

We are in a winter wonderland this morning. There is about 2" of snow on the ground. The snow started about 5:30 p.m. and continued all night. It may stay for Christmas if the weather forecast is right. The temperature is hovering around freezing at the moment.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I worked and was assigned to the fleece/chenille bunks. I had to put some new stock on the shelves and clean up the messy areas. It was interesting as I learned a lot.
The store carries a wide variety of fleece. Some are heavy, others are light. Cutting fleece allows you to see what the customers like. Cleaning up allows you to see what there is.
Though the heavier fleece usually sells quickly, I loved some of the other fleece I handled. There is three different types of Malden fleece and I am going to take a good look at one of them. Outback fleece is light and would make great scarves. There is jogging and sweater fleeces that look interesting.
In those bunks, the chenille is also kept. It is very lofty and the fluff that comes off them when cutting is unreal. It is also selling quickly as people are making no sew blankets out of it.
When I finished the fleece/chenille bunks I cleaned up the sport and play fabric section. It is a combination of t-shirt fabric, power fabric for capris, mesh for t-shirts and pockets and a variety of quilted fabrics and terry. It was fun to work in that area as I love that fabric. I would love to do an outfit out of it to display some of that fabric.

Knitting

I did the 12 rows last night but it was quite a job. One of my hands had cramps as did my legs. Trying to knit and stretch out those cramps is quite a job. But it is done and I am happy.

Today

I have to go shopping, wrap some presents, show the suite, and try to sew. It is going to be one busy day in our household.


Until tomorrow..........................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:11 AM

    If you eventually have a chance to share more of what you learn about the differences between the fleeces and chenilles, I'll be interested in reading them. This was very interesting. I also hope your snow stays around for a white-but-not-taxing Christmas. Hope you are enjoying your Advent.

    ReplyDelete