Saturday, December 12, 2015

Sewing and Knitting Progress

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day though cool. It got to 4.2C or 45F. It was damp outside and at 4 p.m., the fog started to roll in from the river. We are having fog this morning and hopefully it will burn off during the day. It is lighter than last night.

Lifestyle

We headed out to do shopping in the morning and got back just before noon. I will be heading out earlier to finish up our Christmas shopping to beat the crowds. I still have a few presents/gift cards to pick up. 

I tried to update the PC computer to Windows 10. It failed twice as it says I have an Windows 7 update that failed. Now to figure out how to fix that. I can't use Live Writer until that is done and I don't really like using blogger's post.

I was really tired at about 2 p.m. from lack of sleep and soreness so I sat down, turned on the TV and fell asleep. I slept for about 90 minutes and felt much better when I woke up. The Spousal Unit slept also but he slept sounder than I did and when he woke up he spent the rest of the day and evening feeling groggy. 

Sewing 

I made a pattern for the scarf, laid it out on the fabric and cut it out. It is a bit smaller than anticipated but it will work.




 It has actually turned out well and is ready to have the rolled hem serged onto it. 


Knitting

I did 2 sets of the edging pattern last night. I am getting ahead of the game. Now that I have the rhythm of the pattern, I seem to be doing the 24 rows in just over the time it took me to do 12 rows. I doubt if it will be done by Christmas day but it might get done before the person leaves for home. 

Today, I work a regular 8 hour shift. I have told myself I will not push myself to the limit like I did Thursday night. I want to knit on the scarf again tonight. I am motivated as I feel like I am making progress. 

Until tomorrow.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment