Sunday, December 20, 2015

First Thoughts on Fleece

Our weather has warmed up slightly. The temperature has remained constant at 1C or 34F since 2 p.m. yesterday afternoon. It has been mostly cloudy so we could expect some flurries.

Lifestyle

I worked an 8 hour shift yesterday. I didn't cut a lot of fabric but did count and pack a lot of bias tape. People were buying it while I was working on the display and getting overstock put away. Though I have sore muscles from all the bending, it felt good to get that job done.
The Spousal Unit brought in all the Christmas decorations. He couldn't get the tree down so we will do that today. It will be fun to put up the tree once again and decorate it and the house.

Sewing

Though I didn't sew yesterday I did think about the fleece in the store. I did a bit of research on my own and found out this:
Fleece comes in a variety of weights but is classified in only three types according to how much a yard weighs in grams or ounces. All About Fleece
Though I thought the fleece I tidied up was heavy weight, I am not certain now. I will have to look and see who the manufacturer is and then do more research on it. Arctic, Mountain, and Flower Power fleece may be the selling name of fleece.
But, when you look at fleece images you can go on a journey of your own. I got caught up in Pinterest and found this delightful page of fleece projects.
Ideas are rolling in my head and I can't wait to do the following project I found here.

I can see this being a fall project when we get new stock in the store.

Knitting

I sat and knit 24 rows on the scarf last night. I am caught up once again. No issues except that I have a lot of yarn left to knit. It is going to be a nice infinity scarf when done.

Today

I am not working today and have to go get groceries and then sew after the Christmas tree is brought in. I may spend an hour decorating the tree this afternoon. I also have to knit on the scarf and may get another 24 rows done this evening.
Until tomorrow..............................

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Oooo, good links and good ideas. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wreath! doesn't look that hard to do. Might make a nice bazaar item too.

    ReplyDelete