Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Are We Ready For Christmas? Almost!

This morning the temperature is warmer than it was last night. At 6 p.m., we had the coldest temperature of the day, -6.9C or 19.5F. It is -3C or 26F this morning. A bit of snow fell last night also. It could snow a bit again today and tomorrow so we may get a white Christmas after all.

Lifestyle

I headed out to do the last of the shopping yesterday morning. Not Christmas shopping but a few things we needed. I was home by 9:30. The kitchen was cleaned as was the dining area. Will mop floors tomorrow to make sure all is clean and tidy.
I wrapped almost all the presents. I have to say it was fun but also very time consuming. They will be finished tonight. Then we can bring on Christmas.

Sewing

I spent just over an hour in the sewing room making two pillows. They were fun to make and turned out really nice.
After they were done, I cleaned up the room and got it ready for Grandson. It is quite easy to move the furniture around to get plenty of space for the air bed.
There are plenty of blankets on the bed to keep him warm. If not, I will put a feather quilt over him.

Where it is all put. Doesn't look too bad.
I won't be sewing until Jan. 3, 2016. That is my first day off after family leaves. In the meantime, I have one project I would like to make as a store project. I need to research it out for cost.

Knitting

I got the mandatory 12 rows knit last night. It was a bit of a slow start when I realized I had pulled out the life line and had to put it back in again on the next row. I have become dependent on the life line and don't worry about loosing a stitch and then having to start that scarf all over again.

Today

I work an 8 hour shift and will be wrapping Christmas presents after dinner. I may or may not knit tonight.
Until tomorrow......................

4 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Ann. Enjoy the time with your family around you. Sweet indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed you've prepared looks so cozy. Thank you for taking the time to write your blog, it's one of the things that I look forward to reading when I open my email each day. My best Christmas wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:56 AM

    Merry Christmas, Ann!

    ReplyDelete