Monday, December 07, 2015

A Good Day

Yesterday was another warm day in our neck of the woods. It got to 7.5C or 45.5F. The morning temperatures have been above freezing with this mornings being at 7C or 44F. Not a lot of change from high to low overnight.

Lifestyle

Yesterday we had to get ready to go to the hospital as the Spousal Unit had to have pre-chemo blood tests. Then it was off to get some groceries. We shopped at Walmart and only did 1/3 of the store. I had the Spousal Unit stop and wait at certain spots while I picked up items we needed. It helped him not get too tired.

I worked in the afternoon. It was a fun afternoon with the staff almost having too much fun. We even had customers laughing with us. The evening was spent at the Christmas dinner. A good day in all.

While I was working, the Spousal Unit removed all the upstairs’ baseboards from the basement. He removed nails and I need to help him put them away in the storage shed. He is doing well but that will disappear for a while after he has his next round of chemo. He will be tired and have nausea.

Knitting

As I was late coming home last night, I didn’t get any knitting done. That means I have to knit two sets of patterns twice on my days off this week. I think doing two sets of patterns on my days off will have to be my norm for the next while.

Today, we are off to see the nurse for dressing change and then up to see the oncologist. I work from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. today which is nice. I can take the Spousal Unit to and from his appointments and hear what the doctor has to say about the blood test results.

Until tomorrow……………………….

1 comment:

  1. Sending my best wishes for "spousal unit's" chemo - I hope it all goes well for you both.

    ReplyDelete