Sunday, October 25, 2015

At Fabricland

Yesterday was cooler with a high of 11C or 52F. I’m not sure if it was sunny or cloudy or ?? as I was inside all day except for a short walk at noon. It was lovely then.

Lifestyle

I headed out early to meet Daughter at Fabricland to give her a receipt and to buy two spools of thread. I left 9 hours later. No, I didn’t shop that long.

On Friday, I talked to one of the assistant managers, who is a friend. I mentioned I would like to apply for a position in January and she got excited. Not January, she said, but next week. I filled out the application form and said I would get them a resume.

Well, I met the manager and started work 10 minutes after I arrived. In the midst of the 50% off everything in the store sale. I donned a work shirt and name tag and pitched in. In a matter of an hour, I was working a cutting station on my own. It was fun. The staff was friendly and helpful.

At the end of the day, we had a staff appreciation dinner and the staff could shop for 50% off. It was fun to watch these ladies shop; they are super organized. I got the two spools of thread and came home.

While I was out, the Spousal Unit took over the cleaning up of the basement apartment. We are almost done. He also took the baseboard off in the closet of the sewing room. I can paint. He was amazing!!

Today, we shop for food. Then the basement apartment is to be cleaned and pictures taken. I will post the ad this afternoon. I want to clean some of the upstairs also. It will be nice to work upstairs in our part of the house.

Until tomorrow………………………….

1 comment:

  1. The kitchen in the basement apartment is awesome! Congrats on your new job. I was at Fabricland yesterday, the one across from River City yarn and I was saying to DH that I would love to work there. Enjoy your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete