Friday, October 23, 2015

A Long Day

Yesterday, the fog burnt off quickly and we had a beautiful sunny day. We sat in the sunshine for a good 30 minutes at noon. No coats to be seen. People are still wearing shorts. It got to 15.3C or 59.5F.

Lifestyle

While the Spousal Unit was out at the dentist, I wiped the grout haze off the tiles. It was good to get that job done while I had the basement to myself. While I waited for him to return, I then tidied up the sewing room. Ready for my next bout of sewing. Then it was down stairs to seal the grout before lunch. All but the bathroom got done.

023

After lunch, the bathroom tile got sealed and then it was on to other jobs.

024

I started to clean up while waiting for the Spousal Unit. I had to hold the end of the tape as he measured the toe kick. The painting tub got sorted and cleaned up, extra tidbits of stuff got sorted and what wasn’t needed put in the garbage bag. I cleaned the laundry room up a bit more and put the dresser we had in the unit in there.

025

The dresser was on the long wall and had to be moved for baseboard.

At the end of the day, I started to clean the stair well we use to go to the laundry room. I washed the walls and the stairs. It looks so much cleaner than it did. I did sneak back into the kitchen to get a picture of it as the toe kick and baseboards are on. The drawer pulls are on. We are nearing the end.

027

We were tired at the end of the day and are in need of some time off. It is pushing us to get this space done and rented out. We are actually counting the days.

Knitting

I thought I would crash on the couch last night but I knit a good 16 to 20 rows before I felt tired. So far I am getting the days knitting done in the evening.

Today, I have to go to Fabricland and pick up some Christmas presents. Everything is on sale for 50% off. While I am gone, the Spousal Unit wants to adjust the kitchen cupboard doors and add the knobs. When I get home, we will do the silicone around the top and sides of the tile. I hope to get the toe kick and baseboard touch up painting done. I think it is going to be a long day for us but we will survive. If not, it will be a long weekend.

Until tomorrow………………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment