Monday, October 12, 2015

A Long and Busy Day

Yesterday was cooler but still a lovely day. We sat outside a few times while rehydrating and enjoyed the warmth of the sun. In the evening, the wind came up and it cooled off some. Today, it is suppose to be about 20C or 68F. It certainly has been a lovely long weekend.

Lifestyle

We worked our butts off yesterday in the basement kitchen. While the Spousal Unit did some sanding and filling, I washed the cupboards. We added the shelves and put up the doors on the electrical panel.

006

The plywood covers the pipe from the range hood. It has its first coat of primer on it and will get another coat of primer before it gets two coats of the wall colour. It will look like the walls when done.

005

Once that was done, we put up the shelf in the front closet and were done at 3:30 p.m. We were both tired from working all day. We are pushing as we are close to being done.

I had a major sugar low yesterday at noon. I was shaking and had to eat fast. My back is still bothering me but I am taking a muscle relaxant for it. I do all the work that needs to be done and it feels great. It really only hurts in the morning. I will start walking once we are done with the basement and go to Curves in January. I need to build muscle again.

At noon Daughter sent me this picture. She loved the windows. I loved the look. It is close to what I want to achieve.

009

Unfortunately I can’t do the ceiling. But, I love the minimalist look and the contrast between the white and grey.

Knitting

I got Grandson’s hat done and will ship it tomorrow.

008

I also knit on the socks and one is ready to have the toe grafted together. The other one should be done today and they will go in the parcel. Then it is onto the next project - a scarf for Daughter-in-Law for Christmas. Looking forward to knitting that one. 

Today it is back to the basement to paint. Once that is done, I am going to look at taking the baseboard off in the sewing room or go vote and get that done. We are having a ham for Thanksgiving dinner so will be doing that also. Plus laundry. Another busy day in our household.

Until tomorrow…………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment