Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Another Day - Another Coat of Paint

Yesterday was a beautiful day with a high of 30C or 86F. It stayed warm all night due to cloud coverage but it is suppose to clear off this morning and be nice again today.

Lifestyle

We had to go and get my prescriptions filled and did our meat shopping in the morning. On the way back we stopped to make an appointment with another landscaper to look at our front yard. Morning was over.

In the afternoon, I painted the second coat on the walls in the basement entry area. They always look so nice when done the second time. What takes me most of the day for the first coat, usually takes me 3 hours max for the second coat.

002

I have been quite good with my painting items. I do bag up what is garbage and put the empty paint cans to one side. Everything else has to reside on the painters tarp.

005

When done the painting the walls, we sat outside and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. I have been tired and the cause is allergies. New area and I am fighting the pollen once again.

I had to get up early this morning to register our grandson for flag football. They are travelling and can’t do it. It was kind of neat to do that for him. When I am over this fall, I will get to see him play at least one game.

Today, we have to pick up my prescriptions and then I will paint the doors and trim a second coat. The entry door needs the second coat as it was quite discoloured. The bi-folds need a panel painted on each as I couldn’t do them when they were hung. I have to touch of the moulding around the closet door and do the door going into the laundry room, which is in the living room.

003

This is the last part before I spend 3 to 4 hours scrubbing the floors in that area. We also have another landscaper coming for a second opinion. We aren’t sure what we want to do out there. I think part of it we are so busy getting the basement done so we can rent it out that we are fumbling with ideas for the yard.

Until tomorrow…………………………..

1 comment:

  1. Painting is a lot of work but the results are always worth it. We are back home now and lower temps than what we had in Penticton. Had a great holiday and if it wasn't for the medical reasons we could certainly live there. Nice to be home though.

    ReplyDelete